Gather & Grow
Lunch was served family-style so guests could enjoy their time at the table and linger in conversation without feeling like they needed to go to the kitchen to prepare their plate.
- Wild Rice and Chicken Salad served on a bed of freshly harvested homegrown lettuce
- Berry Medley
- Yeast Rolls
- Carrot Cake
I wanted the menu to be simple and fresh while also hearty and delicious. A recipe I chose for Wild Rice and Chicken Salad featured seasonal ingredients that I knew would pair well with my homegrown lettuce. Pair with an assortment of fresh berries for a flavorful Berry Medley side dish, plus everyone’s favorite yeast rolls and you’ll have the perfect garden party menu. For dessert I chose a store-bought Carrot Cake from Tasty Pastry, one of our favorite local bakeries.
I set the table with Nude Glassware to add a neutral element. Each piece features an Ion Shielding Technology, the world’s toughest, yet finest, lead-free crystal glass. These glasses are tough and difficult to break, which makes for the perfect option for outdoor dining and robust toasting!
Host Your Own Garden-Inspired Gathering
Host your own garden-inspired celebration by following these simple steps to setting the table outside and preparing a fresh, seasonal menu that everyone will enjoy.
1. Gather your table components:
- Whether you are featuring Iris Blue or Signature White as your focal point, make sure to tie in a natural element to create a curated look inspired by the freshness of nature. I recommend layering a variety of green ferns to add texture to your centerpiece.
- Pair seasonal ingredients to create a fresh and light menu that is still full of flavor. A classic Wild Rice and Chicken Salad recipe is absolutely delicious and easy to prepare in advance before your garden party.
- Every garden party needs plenty of fresh greenery as the focal point. Place your favorite ferns alongside your dinnerware to bring in a natural element to your tablescape design.
- Guests will enjoy having the opportunity to stay at the table and chat over lunch rather than running to the kitchen to fill their plates.
Take it from me, a simple excuse like an abundance of a single ingredient can lead to something really special! Take our cue, and host your own outdoor gathering, too.