Pumpkin Seed Cornbread is a delightful go-to Autumn recipe in our homes. This cornbread-with-a-twist can be enjoyed as a side with our White Chicken Chili or our “Second Place” Chili on a chilly Autumn evening, or as a late-night comfort snack.
A Few Key Ingredients:
- Cream corn – Because creamed corn is partially puréed, it adds a rich and creamy element to this bread.
- Sour cream – Just a half-cup of sour cream adds moisture to each bite.
- Pumpkin seeds – Pumpkin seeds bring a pleasant crunch to the otherwise soft and creamy corn bread.
We recommend baking Pumpkin Seed Cornbread in a loaf pan or casserole dish depending on the number of guests you’re baking for. To serve, you can set small bowls or small plates out next to the loaf or casserole dish for easy self-serving. You can also pre-cut individual slices and line them up on a serving platter or serving board to elevate your serving style look.
Pumpkin Seed Cornbread
Serves 12 - 16
- Non-stick cooking spray with flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen cream-style corn, thawed
- 2 (8.5 ounce) packages corn muffin mix
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilis, drained
- 1 1/2 cups sweet onion (approx. 2 medium), chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and adjust oven rack to middle position.
Prepare one 9 x 13-inch, or two 8 x 8-inch, baking pans using non-stick cooking spray with flour.
In a large bowl, combine cheese, buttermilk, cream-style corn, corn muffin mix, chiles, onion, and sour cream. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
Pour batter into prepared dish and sprinkle the top with pumpkin seeds.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Whether you plan to serve this Pumpkin Seed Cornbread alongside a hearty soup or stew, enjoy it as a standalone snack, or share it with loved ones at your next gathering, this bread is more than just a recipe – it's an embodiment of the warmth and joy that Autumn brings to our kitchens.
Serve It Up:
|Our Signature White Ruffle Casserole Dish can go from the oven to the table for effortless entertaining.|
|Our darling Signature White Ruffle Loaf Pan will always have you in the baking mood.|