Frosty Pumpkin Dessert
This recipe if full of yummy pumpkin and cinnamon flavor and you can’t go wrong with a little ice cream and Cool Whip to boot! The heath bits add just the perfect crunch to go with the gingersnap crust!
- 32 gingersnap cookies~finely chopped (1 1/3 cups crumbs)
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 container (1/2 gallon) vanilla ice cream divided
- 2 ½ cups Cool Whip
- 2/3 cup Heath toffee bits
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon plus spice blend (or Pumpkin Pie spice)
Chop/crush cookies. Stir crumbs into melted butter. Firmly press crumb mixture onto bottom of a springform pan. Place in freezer to firm up.
Soften ½ of the ice cream. Fold one cup of Cool Whip and the toffee bits into the ice cream until blended. Spread evenly over crust. Freeze for 1 hour.
Soften remaining ice cream. Meanwhile, mix pumpkin, brown sugar and spice blend in batter bowl. Mix softened ice cream into pumpkin mixture until blended. Spread evenly over previous layer. Freeze until firm, at least 8 hours.
When ready to serve, place dessert in refrigerator for about 20 mins. Remove collar from spring form pan and cut in to wedges. Garnish each serving with Cool Whip and more toffee bits if desired. Enjoy!